Thursday, October 2, 2008

Falling Behind

I have fallen. I've fallen seriously behind. I'm on a plan, sort of a spiritual diet--not a diet to lose "weight" but a diet to gain "weight." It's called The Bible in 90 Days, and I've fallen off the wagon.

I know why, too. I spent the last three nights stargazing with a friend (see previous blogs!) That ate up the better part of the evening, and there is only so much time in the day. Hmm . . . I see that I didn't even have time to turn the calendar page from September to October!

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to throw in the towel. I'm going to get right back on track. The best way at the moment is to just start with today's reading and leave the stuff that I've missed for now. There are two days' grace at the end and maybe I can catch up then. Or maybe not. Maybe at the end of the 90 days, I'll just have to say, I read through the Bible in 90 days, except for 1 King 7:38-2 Kings 25:30.

Is that so terrible? I don't think so. I will be blessed for having read what I read, and . . . for having confessed what I didn't read.

I know I'm going to have to pray for the Holy Spirit's help, for extra energy, and for time management skills because in addition to this reading plan, I've just registered for another course: Systematic Theology 1. The reading list is formidable. If nothing else, I'll get some muscle carrying the books from the shelf to the desk. There are several tomes. Looks a bit scary . . . but I'm really looking forward to the challenge and the excitement of this new way of studying God's Word.

I might not have too much time to write my blog, though!

No comments: