Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Full Day!

At least twenty times a day, I think to myself, "Oh, that would make a good topic for my blog!" Now it's 10:34 and I'm sitting on my back deck in my PJs with my laptop in front of me. It's warmish although the air has cooled off from what it was this afternoon. There is no wind at all, so it's very pleasant. There don't seem to be any mosquitoes. Now that I'm sitting here ready to write, I wonder where all those great ideas are hiding.

I was out here this morning first thing before 7, once again in my PJs (in case you're wondering, yes, I did get dressed during the day). I had my telescope set up and was observing the moon. It rises late and by 7 a.m., is in the southern sky about 45 degrees off the horizon. The moon is in its last quarter, which really means you see a half-moon, which is a quarter of the way through its phases. The sun rising gave a beautiful highlight to some of the features.

At church, an interesting question was posed for us to consider: What do you not let anything get in the way of? In other words, what's most important, perhaps not in the grand scheme of things, but on a day-to-day basis, what ascends the throne of our life? Something to think about here.

I wrote recently about removing the training wheels and letting a four-year-old "fly" on her own. Well, I needn't have worried. Today, she graduated to a 14-inch wheel, and she is flying! Up and down the street, out in the school yard--she is definitely ready to roll!

It's the end of a glorious day! The sun was shining. The birds were singing. Now darkness has fallen. Let's remember that "The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods." Psalm 24:1-2.

No comments: