Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Soft Answer Turns Away Wrath, Proverbs 15:1

I was driving through a particularly confusing intersection at which the traffic pattern has recently been changed. I slowed, looked both ways, and pulled ahead. As I did, I saw a large red pick-up truck right next to me, slowing down on my left to let me pass. He had been in my blind spot, but now I saw his face. He did not look very pleased. I waved briefly, acknowledging his care, and we both proceeded through the intersection.

He pulled into the same parking lot where I was headed. I pulled in right beside him, got out of my car, and walked to the driver's side of his vehicle. I motioned for him to please roll down the window. He still didn't look very pleased.

I smiled. "Thank you for being such a careful driver," I said. "I'm sorry I didn't see you. You were in my blind spot."

"That's all right, lady," he said, now looking a little suspicious.

"Well, I just wanted to say thank-you for your care."

We nodded and went about our separate business.

Some people would say I was lucky--lucky perhaps that that other driver hadn't been talking on his cell phone, not paying attention to the road.

Luck? No, I would chalk it up to a Heavenly Father who looks after me. He has no blind spot.

1 comment:

Vivi said...

You are so right!